Everyone in Central Ohio wants the best care. An HSA makes it more affordable.
We all know that treatment of serious illnesses or injuries can cost us thousands of dollars. But even routine medical care can strain a family budget. KEMBA Financial Credit Union offers Health Savings Accounts (HSA), which are excellent because they let you set aside money for future doctor, dental, orthodontic and vision care - while also offering tax breaks and interest earnings.
- Use in conjunction with a high deductible health plan
- Use your savings for qualified medical expenses
- Deposits earn interest
- Tiered interest rate structure means bigger balances can earn higher rates
- Because HSA contributions are pre-tax, they can reduce your income tax burden
- All annual interest payments are tax-free
- Access funds easily with a Debit Card
- If you change jobs or move, the money stays in your health savings account and can be used for qualified expenses
- Unused balances roll over from year to year, allowing you to build up extra reserves
- Individuals can contribute up to $4,150 annually and families can contribute $8,300 for 2024
- Individuals over 55 - and not enrolled in Medicare - can contribute an extra $2,100 for 2024
Open an HSA with KEMBA.
A Health Savings Account (HSA) gives you the flexibility to save for both routine and emergency medical expenses, whether it’s monthly medication, braces for a child, a nagging knee injury, something more dire, or anything in between. With a KEMBA Health Savings Account, you can make your deposits – even set them up automatically – and watch the savings account balance grow as you earn interest. Some employers even offer an HSA match as a benefit. No matter the use, a Health Savings Account is a great way to be prepared for all the curves that life throws at you.